The vegetables used for our dishes come, among others, from an organic farm, and the mushrooms are always obtained fresh. We prepare such mushrooms for further serving - we marinate, cook, fry, and preserve for the winter. In the winter season, we set sourdough from organic beets, which we then use for Christmas borscht. Eggs, geese, ducks and milk used to make cheese come from a local supplier, as does mangalica meat. Flour used, inter alia, for dumplings and cakes is the Mill Grodzki Mill belonging to the Culinary Heritage network. Our flagship dishes using local products are:
- Roasted goose thigh - Marinated and roasted goose meat, with seasonal sauce
- Scrambled eggs and products containing eggs and seasonal supplements - we always serve vegetables in accordance with the season of the year, including asparagus, chanterelles, mushrooms.
- Mangalica steak served with original sauces
- Czernina - when the goose season comes, we traditionally serve blackberry with fruit and gray dumplings
- Goose broth with cast lovage dumplings is permanently entered in the menu card.
- A board of cheese from Warmian milk
- Mangalina sausage board
- Pates made by hand from the best meat and offal
- Grilled trout permanently appears on our menu in the company of seasonal vegetables
- Zander fillet
- Russian dumplings, with venison and seasonal toppings (e.g. blueberries, chanterelles, raspberries, boletus mushrooms)
- Vegetable and fruit preserves, mushrooms
Malta Cafe Restaurant from the beginning of its existence, i.e. for 12 years on the Olsztyn gastronomy market, boasts the use of many regional, seasonal products for all dishes presented on the menu card. Our Restaurant as one of the oldest restaurants on the map of Olsztyn boasts one of the most extensive menu cards, always using fresh, seasonal products according to the season of the year, for example: cabbage rolls, pike, venison, mangalica knuckle, perches, chanterelles, farm cheese. In the winter season, we set sourdough from organic beets, which we then use for Christmas borscht. We prepare the mushrooms ourselves for further serving - we marinate, cook, fry, and preserve for the winter. We process all seasonal fruit and vegetables ourselves into chutney (e.g. from red onion or chokeberry), pesto (from bear's garlic leaves), various jams and preserves. Our dandelion honey on the basis of which we make lemonade is already famous outside of Olsztyn