Since 1986 Aleksandra and Mieczysław Babalscy have been running a 9.5-hectar ecological farm. They are cultivating old species of cereals – spelt, emmer wheat, einkorn wheat. Old varieties of apple, cherry and sour cherry trees are growing in the orchard and bean and pumpkin in the garden. They also raise green-legged hens, Guinea Fowl (about 100) and Polish red cattle.
Since 1991 the BIO Pasta Production Company operates by the farm, it manufactures cereal products from ecological farming. Babalscy family received the ecological certificate for the processing plant in 1994. At the beginning of their operation they produced wholemeal pasta, initially from small amounts of wheat, later from rye and spelt. During the first years buyers were found through participation in fairs, expositions and other events. At first several tonnes of ecological cereals were processed per year. At the moment about it is 700 tonnes and the range is constantly growing.
The company offers:
- wholemeal flours: wheat, rye, spelt, barley, oat, buckwheat, peasemeal,
- wholemeal pastas: wheat, rye, spelt and with herbs,
- flakes: wheat, rye, barley, oat, spelt,
- groats: spelt, barley, buckwheat,
- bran: wheat, rye, barley, oat, spelt,
- cereal grains
- pillows from buckwheat and spelt chaff,
- spelt coffee.