Pyzdraki podgórzyńskie (Podgórzyn potato dumplings)
1. Boiled potatoes grind, put down 400 g for stuffing. Raw potatoes grate on a fine mesh, squeeze through cheesecloth. On the bottom of the bowl settles potato starch, which must be collected from the bottom of the bowl and add to grated potatoes.
Mix the potatoes raw and cooked. Add eggs, potato flour and wheat flour, salt, pepper and knead.
2. Cheese grind, combine with potatoes. Add fried onions and season with salt and pepper.
3. Divide the dough into smaller portions. Each portion crushed in his hands in the shape of circles, stuffing and formed into the shape of a spindle. Boil in high pot in lightly salted water - since pyzdraki are on the surface of the water, cook for 10 minutes.
4. Pyzdraki drain off, put on a plate. Serve with fried onion.
As an addition - Chinese cabbage salad with carrots and sauce (ketchup + cream + mayonnaise).
(Recipe for 6 servings)
• 5 kg of potatoes - boiled potatoes 2.5 kg - 2.5 raw potatoes
• 4 eggs
• 400 g of white cheese
• 1 kg onion
• 250 g margarine
• 300 g of potato flour
• 2 tablespoons Wroclaw flour (wheat flour)
• salt, pepper